The Expo Centre, inaugurated in 2001 and designed by Hamburg´s Studio GMP, is located at the north end of the town, occupies a total area of 460,000 square metres (160,000 of which are landscaped) and has an on-site railway station on the Milan - Bari line.
With its 2006 extension, Rimini Expo Centre now has 169,000 square metres of useable space, 109,000 of gross expo space and 16 exhibit halls all on the same (ground) floor, air-conditioned and able to blacked out, reception, technical and service areas, modular conference rooms seating up to 730, a practical hi-tech business centre, a press room with a national radio/TV uplink centre, à la carte and free-flow restaurants, eateries, parking space for 11,000 cars and a helicopter landing site with bookable helitaxi service.
The centre´s layout is all on one level and entirely cabled; three separate entrances, linked by shuttle bus, enable several expos or events to be held simultaneously.
A few figures
- Total area: 460,000 sq.m.
- Useable area: 169,000 sq.m.
- Total gross expo space: 109,000 sq.m. - all on ground-floor level
- Air-conditioned halls: 16
- Total space for services: 60,000 sq.m.
- Centre area, foyer, entrances: 24,200 sq.m.
- Landscaped areas: 160,000 sq.m.
- Event piazza: in front of the centre entrance, with multiple application possibilities and featuring four 32-metre high luminous towers
- Permanent conference rooms: one 730-seat room, two 140-seaters and various smaller ones
- Restaurants: 2
- Free-flow restaurants: 3
- Bars Points: 8
- Food service points, bars: 10
- Loggias and porticos: 6,400 sq.m.
- Rimini Fiera Offices: 3,600 sq.m.
- Parking spaces: 11,000
- Entrances: 3
There are numerous car parks at the disposal of visitors and exhibitors, all near to or well connected with the expo halls via a shuttle bus service.
- South Car Park: 4 areas for parking cars, with space for a total of 2,650 vehicles
- East Car Park: 3 areas for parking cars, with space for a total of 3,350 vehicles
- West Car Park: 5 areas for parking cars, with space for a total of 5,000 vehicles
Available on Rimini Fiera official web site: http://www.riminifiera.it.